New Lower Price, Same Respected Quality
What's The Secret?
At ABC, we are constantly striving to reduce costs without compromising quality. When you see "New Lower Price," it means we've found a way to offer the same superb quality at a lower price on our shell and tube heat exchangers.
What's the secret? We've been listening to you and we have invested in your success. Here's how:
→ Over 1 million dollar high tech machine shop upgrade
→ Improved efficiencies and streamlined processes
Whether it's a U-tube, straight-tube or coil heat exchanger, Allegheny Bradford is the leading manufacturer of sanitary shell & tube heat exchangers. We have built a reputation for quality in the design and manufacture of heat exchangers for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other industries. As the recognized leader in the industry, we offer today's most advanced stainless steel processing technology, along with a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to providing you with products that deliver unparalleled performance and dependability, along with the responsive customer service you need.
When it comes to heat exchangers, ABC sets the industry standard. Quality is the cornerstone of our heat exchangers from start to finish. Our engineering specialists work closely with you to custom design the most efficient, cost effective heat exchanger for your thermal transfer requirements.
From the documentation of raw materials in compliance with BPE codes, to the precision CNC machining of tubesheets and bonnets, to final finishing, testing and documentation, Allegheny Bradford Heat Exchangers are manufactured to deliver superior performance and trouble-free operation, even in the most demanding ultra-pure processing environments.
Allegheny Bradford Corporation custom designs every heat exchanger specifically to meet your exact application requirements. Specially designed computer software combines fluid dynamics, thermophysical properties, thermodynamics and actual empirical data to ensure your shell and tube heat exchanger design is perfect for your application.
Please click here if you would like to request a quote for stainless steel heat exchangers
- Custom designed, state-of-the-art hydraulic tube expansion – eliminates spiral stress and work hardening and minimizes damage to the tube finish
- Double tube sheet- eliminates the possibility of cross contamination
- ABC's insulation jacket - allows for independent expansion of the heat exchanger while eliminating stress on the shell side inlet and outlet ports
- Fully radiused pass pockets - offers industry's best drainability
- Custom designed, state-of-the-art orbital tube welders for tube-to-tubesheet seal welds
- Proprietary tube-bending apparatus for U-tube designs ensures product contact surface finish adherence in the U-bend area
- All heat exchangers with surface finishes of 0.6-µm to 0.3-µm include electronics-grade seamless tubing
- Sanitary welded tubing is available for surface finishes of greater than 0.75-µm
- 100% BPE compliant
- Stringent QA/QC procedures
- Unsurpassed document control department to ensure receipt of all necessary validation documentation
- Advanced thermal and mechanical design
- Teams of dedicated professionals who are committed to the responsive customer service YOU need. We provide you with products that deliver unparalleled performance and dependability
Just a few of the standard features performed by our expert heat exchanger design team include:
- Straight-thru, U-tube or Coil designs
- 100% vibrational and acoustic resonance analysis
- All multi-pass exchangers, straight-tube or U-tube, include accurate counter-current and co-current flow analysis
- The U-bend area of U-tube exchangers is not included in the heat transfer calculations or effective area
- Precise expansion and contraction calculations are performed on all straight-tube exchangers to determine expansion joint necessity. (Expansion joints are not needed for U-tube designs)
- Reynolds numbers are reported with each design to report the efficiency of the design
- Carefully calculated baffle-spacing, baffle-number, baffle-cut and baffle inlet/outlet locations
- Precise tubeside and shellside pressure drop calculations are reported with every design (Based on your allowable pressure drop)
- Precise tubeside and shellside velocity calculations are reported with every design (Utilizing industry accepted minimum values)
- TEMA recommended fouling factors to your specific media
- Excess surface area is added to every design
- Ensures exchanger will operate as efficiently tomorrow as it does today
- In the rare event of a ruptured tube, ABC can use a sanitary plug to seal-off the tube
Please click here for the ABC heat exchanger advantage sheet
Please click here for the ABC heat exchanger advantages in Spanish
Please click here for the ABC heat exchanger advantages in Chinese
Our state-of-the-art fabrication technology uses high-pressure hydraulic expansion to seal the tube-to-tube sheet joints. This reduces the risk of roller expansion damage, as well as work-hardening effects and excessive thinning of the tubing. In addition, our proprietary integrated double tube design virtually eliminates the possibility of cross contamination. The result is consistent performance, reduced maintenance and extended equipment life.
Prior to shipment, every heat exchanger undergoes rigorous testing and comprehensive documentation procedures that can include:
- Hydrostatic pressure testing
- Dye penetration examination
- Steam testing
- Computer-verified performance
- Positive material identification (PMI)
- Ferrite testing
- Drainage testing
- Saline testing
- Profilometer readings of surface finish to ensure mechanical and electropolished surface finishes
to less than 10 microinches Ra
- Fiber optic, borescopic tube inspection and videotaping of product contact surfaces on DVD
- ASME Code Stamping with National Board Registration
You receive complete documentation to comply with your requirements, including data reports, seismic calculations, production drawings, material test reports, and certifications of hydrotest, passivation, surface finish and electropolishing.
We have complete certification - CE, U ASME VIII Stamp, UM ASME VIII Stamp, and Chinese License
Codes and Standards- UL-508A, ASME, CRN, Bioprocessing Equipment Standards Committee (BPE), GMP, 3-A, Ministry of Manpower (MOM), ASTM, TEMA, SEP, The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors Rstamp