Polish stainless steel components with a variety of abrasives, driven by electric and air power tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Load and adjust workpieces onto equipment or worktables.
- Polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Accurately completing work in a timely and safe fashion.
- Mark defects for repair.
- Measure objects and parts to ensure polishing standards are met.
- Move controls to adjust, start, or stop equipment during polishing process.
- Record processing on specific forms.
- Remove completed workpieces from equipment or work tables and place workpieces in appropriate containers, carts or shelves.
- Work in an environment that is dirty (metal dust).
- Study blueprints or drawings to determine how to lay out workpieces.
- Transfer objects to specified work areas using moving devices.
- Verify quality of finished workpieces by visual inspection, measurement or testing.
- Required to work independently and as a team player.
- Must interact positively with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Required and able to work in all production areas.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Safety is our number one priority and Allegheny Bradford Corporation strives to achieve an injury-free workplace. Employee commitment to incorporating safety, health and environmental standards in all phases of operations is our primary goal.
- Each employee is responsible for attending all company sponsored training sessions. This includes, but is not limited to, all Safety and job specific trainings.
- Adheres to, supports and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties/tasks as assigned or that are deemed required for the position.
Tools and Technology Skills:
Will need to proficiently and safely operate die grinder, belt sand (hand held and stationary), and basic hand tools including wrenches, screwdrivers and hammers.
Ability to learn and effectively utilize enterprise resource planning (ERP) business process management software.
Compensation based on experience and capabilities.