CNC Turning Center Machinist:
Setup and operate (2) CNC horizontal turning centers to perform various milling, drilling, tapping, boring, facing and turning operations in a job shop or production environment. Operator will manufacture component parts for Heat Exchangers, Filter Housings and Tanks for the Pharmaceutical and Food Industries.
ABC is seeking applicants with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the setup, programming and operation of CNC turning centers for heavy roughing to light finish cuts on small to medium sized parts OR an Associate degree in machining with successful intern experience machining parts for manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Setup, program and operate (2) CNC turning centers and bar feeder to do a variety of close tolerance machining.
· Must be able to manage medium volume production runs while conforming to the highest quality standards.
· Must be able to read/interpret blueprints and be familiar with GD&T.
· Produce parts from prints, samples, sketches or drawings.
· Ability to effectively utilize gauging and measuring tools such as OD and ID micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, dial indicators, depth micrometers and other associated measuring instruments to check all machined parts.
· Install and make offset changes to adjust tools, calculate feeds and speeds/correct SFM based on material, install fixtures, blocks, shims and clamping devices.
· Must have the ability to use/edit G Code and conversational programming to produce programs for turning and milling operations.
· Recognize and bring to your supervisors attention of any errors on blueprints and operation sheets prior to machining.
· Take responsibility for the inspection of all work performed; detecting unusual conditions, defective materials and dimensionally non-conforming parts.
· Knowledge of best practices in selection of tooling including; tool geometry, effective length and correct insert grade based on material being machined.
· Maintain a clean area, oil and grease equipment as required and clean all machines at regular intervals along with proper 5S documentation.
Additional desired skills are a plus:
· Experience with conversational programming (Okuma OSP, Mazatrol or similar software)
· Experience with medium volume production runs
· Experience with a sub-spindle lathe and/or live tooling
· Experience working with stainless steel such as 304 and 316L along with nickel based alloys such as Inconel and Hastelloy.
· Master-Cam programming experience a plus
Compensation based on experience and capabilities in the machining field.