5 Axis CNC Machinist – 2nd shift – ABC (Lewis Run, PA) Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the setup, programming and operation of CNC turning centers for heavy roughing to light finish cuts on small to medium sized parts OR an Associate degree in machining with successful intern experience machining parts for manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Setup, program and operate a CNC lathe to do a variety of close tolerance machining.
- Import 3D models from engineering and make adjustments as needed to generate a program for the lathes or mills.
- Produce parts from prints, samples, sketches or drawings. Check all machined parts. All work must conform to highest quality standards.
- Install and adjusting tools, set feeds and speeds, install fixtures, blocks, shims, and clamping devices.
- Draw in MasterCam to produce parts for the mill and lathe.
- Oil and grease machine as required. Clean machine at regular intervals. Use coolant when machining.
- Safety is our number one priority, and the Allegheny Bradford Corporation strives to achieve an injury-free workplace. Employee commitment to incorporating safety, health and environmental standards in all phases of operations is our primary goal.
- Each employee is responsible for attending all company sponsored training sessions. This includes, but is not limited to, all Safety and job specific trainings.
- Adheres to, supports and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties/tasks as assigned or that are deemed required for the position.
Tools and Technology Skills:
Able to properly utilize dial calipers, dial indicators, depth gauges, vernier calipers, inside and outside micrometers, height gauges, precision rules, straight edges, feeler gauges, parallels, bore gauges, squares, hole gauges, protractors, and levels. Microsoft Office and CAM software knowledge a plus. Stainless Steel, Hastelloy®, AL-6XN, 5 Axis, Mazak and Master-Cam experience is a plus.
Compensation based on experience and capabilities in the machining field.